The affairs of the school are managed by a Board of Management which acts on behalf of the Ministry of Education Youth and Culture. It is the responsibility of the Board to ensure that the school is run in keeping with the Education Code of Regulations and other instructions of the Ministry.
At present, the nineteen-member Board comprises:
- Seven representatives named by the denomination, one of whom is the Chairman.
- One representative of the Teaching staff
- One representative of the Administrative staff
- One representative of the Ancillary staff.
- One representative of the Parent-Teacher’s Association.
- One representative of the Old Boy’s Association
- One representative of the Community.
- One representative of the Ministry of Education, Youth& Culture
- One representative of the Student body.
- The Principal.
- Three co-opted members elected by the Board.
The day-to-day affairs of the school are administered by the Principal who reports to the Board. The Principal has responsibility for student and staff supervision and discipline, student admission, staff employment, curriculum planning and development, financing, plant maintenance and development, and public relations. The Principal is assisted by two Vice Principals. The Vice Principals are responsible for daily supervision of the students and teachers. Senior teachers serve as Heads of Department and Grade/Year Supervisors or in any other area specified by the Principal. In addition, there are Committees with responsibility for other activities e.g. curriculum development.
- The Rev. Karl B. Johnson- Board Chairman
- Albert Corcho – Principal
- Calvin B. Rowe – Vice Principal Upper School
- Sian M. Wilson - Acting Vice Principal Lower School
- Alice Campbell James – Bursar
- Rajay Marage - Head Prefect
- Mr. Canute Fagan, Dean of Discipline
- Mr. Christopher Brown, Dean of Studies
- Grade 7 - Mrs. Loris Fox and Mrs. Jacqueline Hibbert Pinto
- Grade 8 - Mrs. Maxine Lawrence and Ms. Eulette Senior
- Grade 9 - Mrs. Rosey Kelly-Jones and Ms. Simone Angus
- Grade 10 - Mr. Anicia Bennett and Ms. Carmen Wheatle
- Grade 11 - Ms. Sharon Waite and Mrs. Michelle Anderson
- Grades 12 & 13 Mrs. Karen Young
HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
- ENGLISH – Mrs. Simone Gibbs
- MATHEMATICS – Mrs. Marria Waysome
- SCIENCES – Mr. Granville Delahaye
- BUSINESS – Mrs. Loren McLeod
- HUMANITIES – Mrs. Sharon Holness
- MODERN LANGUAGES- Mrs. Jennifer Kennedy
- RELEGIOUS EDUCATION- Mrs. Rosey Kelly Jones
- VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS- Ms. Janet Walters
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION- Mr. Sean Newell
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY- Mr. Robert Nixon
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY- Mr. Robert Taylor
- Rev. Stephen Smith
- Mrs. Jennifer Jarret
- Ms. Melody Johnson
- Rev. Harris Cunningham
CONSULTATION WITH PRINCIPAL, VICE PRINCIPALS, DEANS, SUPERVISORS and HEADS of DEPARTMENTS as well as COUNSELLORS and CHAPLAIN
The Principal, and other members of staff are always glad to meet and consult with parents and guardians on matters concerning their son/ward. A prior appointment before the visit will more readily ensure that the parents/guardians meet with members of staff. Therefore appointments by letter, phone or fax are strongly recommended. Parents or guardians who arrive at the school without an appointment may encounter delays.
The Bursary staff is led by Mrs. Alice Campbell James - The School’s Bursar. Her staff includes
- Mr. Basil Morris
- Ms. Selena McEachron
- Mrs. Lorna Price
- Mrs. Suzanne Anderson
- Mr. Wesley Cain – Bookroom Administrator
The Bursar handles all matters relating to the finances of the school. All matters related to accounts are dealt with by her. She works with the Principal in preparing the annual budget of the school and in ensuring that funds are spent in keeping with the directions of the Ministry and the Board. The Bursar keeps proper financial records and reports regularly to the Principal and the Board of Management.