Calabar High School operates from Monday to Friday with school hours from 7:30 a.m. to 2:35 p.m. Registration of students is done twice daily; first at 7:30am and then at 12:15pm.
There are three sets of offices that accommodate the Administrative Staff:
- The General and Principal's Office
- The Vice Principal's Offices
- The Bursars Offices
The school is divided into two areas. The Vice Principals are in charge of specific areas; one, the lower school (grades 7-9) and the other, the upper school (grades 10-13) with the principal having overall responsibility.
There are three sets of staff rooms- Staff Room 1 is located on the main administrative block, Staff Room 2 is located on the first floor of the three-storey building and Staff Room 3, located on the Centenary Building. The offices of Year Supervisors are located on the blocks housing their respective grades. The offices of the Deans of Discipline and Academic studies are found on the Grade 10 block.
Grade and Year Supervisors have special responsibility for students and their discipline in each grade. A form Teacher has responsibility for a particular grade. A Form Teacher comes under direct supervision of the Year Supervisor of the particular grade. Supervisors work closely with the Dean of Discipline.
A Department Head is in charge of a particular subject and has special responsibility for curriculum planning, development and assessment of teachers in the department. They work closely with the Dean of Academic Studies.
Students generally enter Calabar High School from the PEP exam for entry to Grade 7. The registration period for these students is usually during the month of July. Parents are required to pay a registration fee, fill out the Admissions Form and sign all other relevant documents and return them to the school along with the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs
- A certified copy of his birth certificate
- The Blue Copy of immunization card
- Signed agreements to rules and regulations
- Registration fee
- Medical Report (medicals are arranged by the school on dates announced annually
Download schedule of activities for GSAT awardees 2018
1. Pay and collect transfer form at the Bursar’s Office
2. Complete the form and return to the Main Office along with the following documents:
- Proof of payment
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from the previous school).
- The last two school reports.
- PEP Results (if request is for a place in Grade 7)
- Letter of request is optional
Note that you may download the form below and pay fee to Bursar's Office before submitting documents to main office.
Please be advised that the submission of documents does not guarantee that a place will be offered. If accepted, the parent/guardian will be notified and the general admissions procedures will follow.
Admission to the Sixth Form Program
Students for the Sixth Form Program is pre-selected at the end of their Grade 11 year based on:
- Attendance to school and classes
- Punctuality to school and classes
- Attitude towards homework and classwork
- General behaviour and conduct
- Deportment and adherance dress code
- Completing SBA's
Final acceptance to Grade 12 (Lower 6th) is dependent on performance in the CSEC exams completing an interview . Students must have at least 5 passes at Grades 1-2, at the General Proficiency Level, in what he wishes to do in Grade 12.
Qualified and Interested students should apply by completing and submitting an application form ONLINE and include last two reports of his fifth form year, proof of qualifications, two recommendations or character reference (if you are an applicant from a different school) and TWO passport size pictures
To be promoted to Grade 13, he must pass three (3) units at grades 1-3.
For furthur information, you can send email to : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3106945