Calabar Parents Teachers’ Association (PTA)
There is an active Parent-Teachers’ Association which holds regular meetings and sponsors or assists with fund-raising efforts in aid of school projects. Parents are urged to join the Association and participate in the activities in the interest of your son and of the school
|Vice President of Projects||Kevin Senior|
|Vice President of Communications||Vacant|
|Assistant Vice President||Novelette Bryan|
|Secretary||Patricia Boyd Percy|
|Teachers Representative||Donna Greenwood|
|Dean of Discipline||Canute Fagan|
|Grade/class Representative Co-ordinator||Charmaine Heron|
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
- Installed seating areas for students
- Facilitate text messaging to stakeholders
- Provided a bed, sofa set and laptop for the Guidance Department
- Provided keyboard, and other support for the Music Department
- Financed the installation of additional drinking fountains and school signages
- Facilitated a school uniform collection drive for the Guidance Department
- Provided a conference table for the reading room.
- Facilitated intellectual and environmental awareness by funding competitions and prizes.
- Funded 2 troubled students at summer camp.
- Provided assistance to select students upon recommendation and teacher conference attendance.
- Financed audio visual communications training.
- Provided microwave ovens for students to re-heat their meals.
- Provided fans for the classrooms
- Provided refrigerator for Boarding House
- Repaired an unused building for use by PE and Construction classes
- Trained and facilitated parents in need of email technology
- Provided support for orientation, medicals, health fair, Labour Day, Old Boys building project
- Invited special speakers to assist in dealing with adolescent males, nutrition, Chic-V,
- Held 2 BBQs, Fish Fry, Cake Sale, Lapathon.
- Worked with KC in hosting a week of activities to show togetherness
- Additional seating area
- Tile reading room
- Cctv/pave dusty areas/new classrooms
- School Bus Fund
- Contribution to Museum/office building
- Fans for Chapel
Contact: Mark Bowen-790-9459