Calabar Parents Teachers’ Association (PTA)
There is an active Parent-Teachers’ Association which holds regular meetings and sponsors or assists with fund-raising efforts in aid of school projects. Parents are urged to join the Association and participate in the activities in the interest of your son and of the school
Paul D. Taylor
|Vice President||Nickiesha Walsh|
|Vice President||Keith Whyte|
|Assistance Treasurer||Arlene Chambers|
|Teachers Representative||Howard McKenzie|
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
- EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
- GRADE REPRESENTATIVES
- FUNDRAISING AND EVENTS
- SPECIAL PROJECTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- PUBLIC RELATIONS
- STUDENTS WELFARE
- PARENTS WELFARE
- STAFF WELFARE
- SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
- SCHOOL LIAISON
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ASSOCIATION TO DATE
- Installed seating areas for students
- Facilitate text messaging to stakeholders
- Provided a bed, sofa set and laptop for the Guidance Department
- Provided keyboard, and other support for the Music Department
- Financed the installation of additional drinking fountains and school signages
- Facilitated a school uniform collection drive for the Guidance Department
- Provided a conference table for the reading room.
- Facilitated intellectual and environmental awareness by funding competitions and prizes.
- Funded 2 troubled students at summer camp.
- Provided assistance to select students upon recommendation and teacher conference attendance.
- Financed audio visual communications training.
- Provided microwave ovens for students to re-heat their meals.
- Provided fans for the classrooms
- Provided refrigerator for Boarding House
- Repaired an unused building for use by PE and Construction classes
- Trained and facilitated parents in need of email technology
- Provided support for orientation, medicals, health fair, Labour Day, Old Boys building project
- Invited special speakers to assist in dealing with adolescent males, nutrition, Chic-V,
- Held BBQs, Fish Fry, Cake Sale, Lapathon.
- Worked with KC in hosting a week of activities to show togetherness
- Book Drive
- Contribution to Museum/office building
Contact Email: email@example.com